Guide to E-Recording in Gwinnett County
What is E-Recording in Gwinnett County Georgia?
Electronic filing, or eRecording, is the process of submitting and recording Land Title documents over the Internet, rather than on paper and traveling to county offices, and receiving an electronic response from the Recorder of Deeds as to the status of the recording. It also allows submitters to pay recording fees online and retrieve recorded documents electronically within hours of submissions.
Today, most title documents are prepared electronically with word-processing software. A paper filing process requires that these documents be printed out and have original signatures and notary and then delivered to county offices with the appropriate recording fees and instructions. At the Recorders office, staff review the paper documents, process payment, make entries into the “old” index case management system.
With eRecording, Land Title documents are prepared in the same way by submitters,where original documents are no longer necessary and sent electronically via the Internet. The electronic information is retained,such as a digital signature and digital notary, and routed to recording county staff, but all of the work is done directly on computer screens, rather than by referring to original paper documents.
Advantages to the eRecording
eRecording enables Online Submitters to submit their land title documents electronically online and receive responses from the recorder’s office on the status of their submissions without leaving their office or home. Online Submitters no longer need to incur costs related to traveling and hand delivery of their title documents. Documents can be submitted online electronically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, eliminating racing the clock to county offices. In addition, eRecording is cheaper and faster than mail, delivery services and traveling to county offices. Status information returned electronically by the recorder ensures filers that their documents were received at the Recorder’s office and allows submitters to track action taken on their documents including amending documents when they do not meet recording standards. eRecording is convenient, saves times, and reduces paperwork.Go Green this year and help save our environment!
What type of Title Documents can I Record electronically?
All of the following types of documents can be eRecorded in Gwinnett County Georgia.
- Gwinnett County Mortgage Document
- Gwinnett County Mortgage Release
- Gwinnett County Assignment
- Gwinnett County Loan Modification
- Gwinnett County Lis Pendens Release
- Gwinnett County Mechanics Lien
- Gwinnett County Mechanics Lien Release
- Gwinnett County Affidavit
- Gwinnett County Warranty Deed
- Gwinnett County Quit Claim
- Gwinnett County Memorandum of Judgement
- Gwinnett County Easement
- Gwinnett County Trustees Deed
- Gwinnett County Record of Payment
- Gwinnett County Court Document
- Gwinnett County Amendment Restriction
- Gwinnett County Plat
- Gwinnett County Condo Declaration
- Gwinnett County Amendment
- Gwinnett County Correction Partial Release
- Gwinnett County Declaration
- Gwinnett County Lease
- Gwinnett County Lien Alert